He makes references to
- Linear B, i.e., historic greek symbols
- Michael Ventris, deciphering Linear B
- Andrew Wiles and his proof for Fermat’s Last Theorem, no integer solutions for ,
- Gerhard Frey, linking Taniyama–Shimura conjecture and Fermat’s Last Theorem
- the mismatch problem, i.e., finding the right personnel for a task given only information on some predictors, e.g., IQ-tests, height, grades, etc.
- the capitalization problem, i.e., making full use of the potential of personnel, and not squandering talent